Back in March we started testing the add memories feature at Miami NFT Week — adding some highlights from our time there along with capturing meaningful moments from a few new friends.
We’re happy to announce, anyone can add memories to these cities!
Focus on Memories
- Secondly, we will continue to focus on the product and expanding Memory functionality:
- Memories can be added by anyone
- Memory Marks can be tagged to Memories
- Memories can be added to anywhere in the world
- Arweave integration to add Memories to the blockchain
Why Are Memories An Important Feature?
Memories are not only the basis for the Metablox application — they are the reason for starting the company. Ensuring that humanity’s most important memories are preserved forever is the foundation of our mission and woven into the fabric of all we do.
How to Add Your Memories to Metablox
Adding memories to Metablox is simple.
1. Set up an account at Metablox.co
2. Select the blox you want to add your memory to
3. Click on the “Add Memories” link from the blox detail panel
4. Add your photos along with a description of your memory and why it’s important to you.
5. Spend 50 Metarent to save your memory.
After saving your memory it will appear on the map along with other memories from the same city:
Next up is to enable our Memory Marks functionality. Memory Marks are how Neighbors will tag memories based on the following categories:
Why? Memory Marks play an important role in the Metablox ecosystem. They allow Neighbors to express how the memory impacts them and increase the value of the blox where the memory is attached.
More Memory Marks increase the blox level, unlock additional memory slots, and serve an important function in the economy.
After Memory Marks are live, we’ll turn our focus to enabling Neighbors to add memories anywhere on the planet.
Why? This allow you to help guide what cities we open next and ensure your memories get preserved
Make Sure Your Most Important Memories Get Saved
Our neighborhood is expanding everyday — join us on Discord, Twitter, and now Instagram to follow along. When you are ready to be a #MemoryMaker or Blox owner head on over to Metablox.co and get to work!